Enjoy with coffee, tea, water, milk, or whatever else you fancy!
Almond Coffee Cake
20 minutes plus cooling
Bake: 30 minutes
- Our Family Nonstick baking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons OUr Family unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and softened
- 2 large Our Family eggs
- 1 package (2.25 ounces) Our Family sliced almonds (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup packed Our Family light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold Our Family unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9- to 10-inch springform pan or round ceramic baking dish with nonstick baking spray. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ginger and salt. In small bowl, mix sour cream and almond extract.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat granulated sugar and butter 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream mixture and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, toast almonds over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare Streusel: In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. With fingertips, work in butter until pea-sized crumbs form.
- Sprinkle streusel and almonds evenly over cake. Bake 5 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. To serve, top with raspberries, if desired. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 316 Calories, 16g Fat (7g Saturated), 69mg Cholesterol, 156mg Sodium, 40g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 6g Protein