Your guests will be raving about this flavorful and elegant appetizer for days after your next dinner party!
Apple, Bacon and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep: 35 minutes
Cook: 33 minutes
- 30 white mushrooms, stems trimmed and cleaned
- 6 tbsp. Our Family® Butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. brandy
- 1½ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Our Family® Pine Nuts
- 3 slices Our Family® Smoked Bacon
- Use Our Family® Fully Cooked Bacon to skip a step!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup finely chopped Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple
- ½ cup Our Family® Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Our Family® Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Carefully separate stems from mushroom caps. Place caps, gill side up, on rimmed baking pan. Coarsely chop stems; set aside. Stir together butter, and brandy and pour into mushroom caps. Sprinkle caps with 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast 15 minutes; remove from oven and let cool. Pour out and discard any liquid remaining in caps and on rimmed baking pan. Return caps, gill side up, to rimmed baking pan.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, toast pine nuts over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over low heat, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain and cool. Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat. Coarsely chop bacon; set aside.
- Add garlic, and onion to pan with bacon fat. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add chopped mushroom stems and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated. Stir in apple; cook 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir remaining ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, pine nuts, bacon, breadcrumbs, ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and thyme into apple mixture. Stuff mushrooms with filling and top with remaining ¼ cup Cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes or just until mushrooms are heated through.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 157 Calories, 9g Fat (4g Saturated), 14mg Cholesterol, 382mg Sodium, 15g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 7g Protein
Submit your review