The best side dish and it’s packed with delicious flavor!
Apple Cabbage Sauté
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
- ½ a yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Garlic Salt
- 2 Our Family® Honeycrisp Apples (unpeeled, cored and diced)
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ head of a large green cabbage shredded or 1 small head shredded
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and heat until sizzling. Cook the onions in the olive oil until tender.
- Next, add the diced apples and continue to cook until apples are tender, but still firm (about 4 minutes).
- Add cinnamon, Allspice and garlic salt to apples. Then, place the shredded cabbage in the pan and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook over medium high heat until cabbage is tender but still green (this will only take a few minutes).
- Serve this delicious apple side dish with your favorite pork roast or ham dinner!
Submit your review