Serve as an appetizer or main course.
Apple Quinoa Lettuce Wraps
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 20 min
- 1 head of Romaine or Butter lettuce
- 1 large Our Family® Apple – thinly sliced
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup Our Family® Sliced Almonds
- 1 medium avocado – diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese OR goat cheese
- ½ cup Our Family® Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Our Family® Sugar
- 2/3 cup Our Family® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Our Family® Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Rinse & drain quinoa, then add it to the boiling water. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes (until water is absorbed). Transfer quinoa to a bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa cools, make the dressing and wash the lettuce. Pour all dressing ingredients into a small jar, then shake until well combined. Separate lettuce leaves and rinse.
- Once quinoa is cool, combine all remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Fill lettuce leaves with salad mixture and serve.
Chef’s Tip: for additional protein, add grilled chicken
Submit your review