Satisfy your sweet tooth with this twist on a classic!
Apple-Rum Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 35 minutes
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 6 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 Our Family large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups Our Family® Heavy Cream
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. dark rum
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Our Family® Salt
- 1 large Open Acres® Fuji or Open Acres® Gala Apple, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family Chopped Walnuts
- Set oven to 350°. Place bread in single layer on rimmed baking pan, and bake in oven while oven preheats 8 to10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once halfway through baking. Spray 8 (4- to 5-ounce) oven-safe ramekins with nonstick cooking spray, and place ramekins on separate rimmed baking pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, brown sugar, rum, nutmeg and salt. In medium bowl, toss bread with apple and walnuts.
- Evenly divide bread mixture into prepared ramekins. Pour about 1⁄2 cup egg mixture over bread mixture in each ramekin. Place rimmed baking pan with ramekins in oven and carefully add enough water to baking pan to come 1⁄2-inch up sides of ramekins.
- Bake bread puddings 35 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 411 Calories, 24g Fat (11g Saturated), 150mg Cholesterol, 158mg Sodium, 41g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 7g Protein
Chef ‘s Tip: Bread pudding may also be baked in a 1-quart casserole dish.
Submit your review