Serve these flaky and flavorful biscuits at breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Apple Spiced Biscuits
Bake: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Our Family® Self Rising Flour
- 1 cup Our Family® Brown Sugar
- 6 tbsp. Our Family® Salted Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Our Family® Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 Honey Crisp apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup Our Family® Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Work in the butter until it’s in small pieces (the butter should be kept as cold as possible). Slowly stir in the cream until the dough is wet and nicely brought together but not sloppy. Add the apples and fold the dough over on itself a few times.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper, pat until it’s about 34″ thick and then cut with a biscuit cutter. Bring remaining dough together and finish cutting it into biscuits. Bake until golden brown (roughly 10-15 minutes).
Submit your review