This healthy breakfast sausage is light and full of flavor!
Apple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 40 min
- 1 tsp. of Our Family® Olive Oil
- 1 Our Family® Golden Delicious Apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
- ½ tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 Our Family® Egg
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Our Family® Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Garlic Salt
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Our Family® Dry Oatmeal
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once the olive oil is hot, add chopped apples and garlic and cook until apples are tender (about 4 minutes). Set the apples aside and let them cool.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands. Combine apple and garlic mixtures together and mix until apples are well combined into meat mixture.
- Divide meat mixture into 16 little balls and flatten to make patties. Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat pan over medium high heat. Cook sausage patties in batches until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve cooked Turkey Apple Sausage patties with extra maple syrup and your favorite egg dish!
Submit your review