Bring the taste of fall to your Thanksgiving table!
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- Our Family 18 1⁄2-inch-thick slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons Our Family unsalted butter
- 3 medium celery ribs, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium Open Acres onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Open Acres Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Our Family ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family poultry seasoning
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) Our Family less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 large Our Family eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely Our Family chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread on 2 rimmed baking pans and bake 15 minutes or until bread is lightly crisped; let cool. Transfer bread to large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, apples, sage, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth and heat to simmering over medium heat; remove from heat.
3. In small bowl, whisk eggs. Pour hot broth mixture over bread. Add eggs and walnuts and gently toss until combined. Transfer bread mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 336 Calories, 18g Fat (5g Saturated), 69mg Cholesterol, 454mg Sodium, 37g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 14g Protein