This scrumptious French toast has “breakfast in bed” written all over it.
Artisan Berry French Toast
Prep: 20 minutes • Bake: 15 minutes
- 5 Our Family large eggs
- 1 Our Family Our Family large egg white
- 1-¼ cups buttermilk
- 1-½ tablespoons Our Family vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Our Family granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Our Family ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Our Family ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family salt
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) large French bread, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh raspberries
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) fresh blueberries
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Our Family powdered sugar and mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, egg white, buttermilk, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Spray 2 rimmed baking pans very well with nonstick cooking spray. Brieﬂy soak both sides of bread in egg mixture, then place in single layer on prepared pans.
- Bake 10 minutes or until bread is golden on bottom. With wide spatula, ﬂip bread and rotate baking pans between upper and lower oven racks. Bake 5 minutes longer or until bottoms are browned.
- To serve, transfer French toast to individual serving plates; top with raspberries and blueberries. Drizzle with maple syrup. Sprinkle French toast lightly with powdered sugar and garnish with sprigs of mint, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
303 Calories, 5g Fat (2g Saturated), 134mg Cholesterol, 506mg Sodium, 52g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 11g Protein