The perfect Thanksgiving leftover dish!
Aztec Turkey Tortilla Casserole
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 (6-inch) Our Family corn tortillas
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles, drained
- 4 cups chopped leftover or pre-cooked Open Acres turkey meat
- 3 cups Our Family sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups Our Family shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup thawed Our Family frozen corn
- 3 teaspoons Our Family taco seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups Our Family diced tomatoes or 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half; place half the tortillas on bottom of prepared baking dish.
2. In medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, chiles, turkey, 2 cups sour cream, 2 cups cheese, corn and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning. Spoon half the turkey mixture over tortillas in baking dish, and layer remaining tortillas over the top; top with remaining turkey mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese over casserole and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with 1⁄2 cup tomatoes.
3. For topping, combine remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, 11⁄4 cups tomatoes and cilantro. Serve casserole hot with sour cream topping.
Healthy Substitute Replace regular sour cream with light sour cream and regular cheese with reduced fat cheese.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 654 Calories, 42g Fat (24g Saturated), 152mg Cholesterol, 523mg Sodium, 34g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 36g Protein