Your morning can’t start off any better than this. Mixed berries, bacon and buttermilk waffles are sure to please!
Bacon Waffle Bake
Prep: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces Our Family bacon
- 2 tablespoons Our Family butter
- 1-½ cups buttermilk
- ⅔ cup Our Family 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family salt
- 8 waffles, freshly made or frozen
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup Our Family whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Our Family vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups fresh mixed berries, such as blueberries, strawberries and blackberries
- Optional: Our Family powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 3-quart oven-safe casserole (8 x 10-inch or similar) with ½ tablespoon butter. In large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, cream, ⅓ cup syrup, vanilla and salt; reserve.
- On ungreased rimmed baking pan, spread waffle pieces in even layer and bake for 12–15 minutes or until crisp and lightly toasted. Increase oven temperature to 375° F.
- Add waffle pieces and bacon to buttermilk mixture and toss to coat evenly. Pour into prepared casserole and tightly cover with foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes and remove foil. Melt remaining butter and brush over top of casserole and bake, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes or until top is crisp and toasted. Top with fresh berries and remaining maple syrup, dusting with powdered sugar if desired, and serve warm.