A bacon-wrapped dish? Yes, please! Our simple, one sheet-pan recipe will please your pickiest eater.
Prep: 30 minutes Bake: 50 minutes Serves: 4
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slices Our Family® Bacon
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Paprika
- 4 Open Acres Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1½ pounds)
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ¼ tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Our Family® Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°; spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
- On second rimmed baking pan, place bacon in single layer and bake 10 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- With sharp paring knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through, leaving about ¼ inch uncut. Open chicken breasts; lay flat between plastic wrap on work surface. With flat end of meat mallet, pound each breast to flatten to ¼-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Leaving ½-inch border, top chicken breasts with roasted red peppers; place 1 cheese stick along short end of each chicken breast and roll chicken around filling to enclose. Wrap 2 slices bacon around each chicken breast and secure ends with toothpick; place, seam side down, on prepared pan.
- In large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, oil and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper; add Brussels sprouts around chicken and bake 40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°, bacon is crisp and Brussels sprouts are tender-crisp. Makes about 3 cups Brussels sprouts.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 chicken breast, ¾ cup Brussels sprouts): 414 Calories, 19g Fat (7g Saturated), 129mg Cholesterol, 892mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 48g Protein
Submit your review