Bacon, shrimp, and honey mustard have never tasted so good!
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Honey-Mustard Glaze
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
- 18 slices Our Family Thick Cut Bacon (about 1 1⁄2 pounds), each cut crosswise in half (Use Our Family’s 3 Lb. Thick Cut Bacon to easily double this recipe!)
- 36 Open Acres raw (16-20 count) tail-on peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Our Family honey
- 1⁄4 cup coarse ground mustard
- 1⁄4 cup OUr Family Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450° F. Place bacon in single layer on 2 rimmed baking pans. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until bacon is 3⁄4 of the way cooked through. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plates to drain.
2. Carefully drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from 1 baking pan; evenly spread drippings remaining in pan to coat. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around center of each shrimp and place in single layer on pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp are almost cooked through and bacon is crisp; carefully drain bacon drippings from pan.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepot, heat honey, mustards, ginger and cayenne to simmering over medium-low heat; cook 2 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Brush shrimp with honey-mustard mixture. Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145° F.
5. To serve, transfer shrimp to serving platter and pour glaze remaining in pan over shrimp.