Enjoy an extra special breakfast this weekend with this scrumptious French toast!
Baked Apple French Toast
Prep: 35 minutes • Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Our Family half and half
- 1 pinch Our Family ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Our Family light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Our Family pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Our Family milk
- ½ cup Our Family chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup packed Our Family light brown sugar
- ½ cup Our Family syrup
- ¼ cup Our Family unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, or Red Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Our Family granulated sugar
- 6 slices Texas toast or ½ loaf French bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 9 Our Family large eggs
- Optional: Powdered sugar, flavored cream cheese, and strawberries
- The night before: Melt butter in small skillet; stir in brown sugar, and corn syrup. Spread butter mixture into greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange apples over butter mixture, top with bread slices.
- In large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed 3 minutes. Add half and half milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour mixture evenly over bread slices; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning: Preheat oven to 350°, sprinkle nuts, and cinnamon over bread. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Serve with warm syrup. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with cream cheese, if desired. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
589 Calories, 29g Fat (12g Saturated), 359mg Cholesterol, 394mg Sodium, 68g Carbohydrates, 18g Protein