https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/baked-apple-french-toast-700x700.jpg 700 700 John Orfield https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OF_LOGO_340X156-01-300x138.png John Orfield2018-05-10 14:39:572023-01-09 18:55:58Baked Apple French Toast
Prep: 35 minutes
Enjoy an extra special breakfast this weekend with this scrumptious French toast!
Baked Apple French Toast
Prep: 35 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Our Family® Half and Half
- 1 pinch Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Our Family® Milk
- ½ cup Our Family® Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- ½ cup packed Our Family® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Our Family® Syrup
- ¼ cup Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 2 Our Family® Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, or Red Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Granulated Sugar
- 6 slices Texas toast or ½ loaf French bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 9 Our Family® Large Eggs
- Optional: Our Family® Powdered Sugar, Our Family® Flavored Cream Cheese, and strawberries
- The night before: Melt butter in small skillet; stir in brown sugar, and corn syrup. Spread butter mixture into greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange apples over butter mixture, top with bread slices.
- In large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed 3 minutes. Add half and half milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour mixture evenly over bread slices; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning: Preheat oven to 350°, sprinkle nuts, and cinnamon over bread. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Serve with warm syrup. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with cream cheese, if desired. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 589 Calories, 29g Fat (12g Saturated), 359mg Cholesterol, 394mg Sodium, 68g Carbohydrates, 18g Protein
Submit your review
Our Family Foods
Average rating: 0 reviews