Baked Coconut ShrimpCook: 30 minutes Serves: 8
- 1 pound Open Acres® Shrimp, peeled, tails on or removed
- 2 large Our Family® eggs
- 1/2 cup Our Family®All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Our Family® Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Our Family® Salt
- 1/2 tsp Our Family® Black Pepper
- 1 cup Our Family® Shredded Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Our Family® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Grab three mixing bowls. In the first bowl, whisk eggs then set them aside.
3. In the second bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
4. In the last mixing bowl, combine shredded coconut, panko, and remaining 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
5. Dip each shrimp first in the flour mixture, then the egg, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat evenly on all sides in the shredded coconut mixture.
6. Drizzle 2 tablespoon olive on a rimmed baking sheet. Place coconut shrimp on the baking sheet, making sure to leave a little space in between each. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil on top of the shrimp. Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping shrimp once halfway through. Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce or marinara with lime wedges on the side.