Who knew you could get delicious apple fritters at home without any of the messy oil? Try out the easy recipe today!
Baked Maple-Apple Fritters
Prep: 10 minutes plus soaking and cooling
Bake: 20 minutes
- Our Family® Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 Our Family® Grade A Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Our Family® Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Our Family® Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- 12 slices Our Family® Honey Wheat Bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped Envy or Honeycrisp apples
- 1/4 cup Our Family® Corn Starch
- 1 cup Our Family® Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°; line 2 rimmed baking pans with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, 1/3 cup milk, syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, baking powder and cinnamon until smooth. Fold in bread, apples and corn starch; soak 5 minutes. Using 2 large spoons or ice cream scoop, drop dough by rounded 1/4 cupfuls, 1 inch apart, onto prepared pans; press with back of spoon to flatten to 3/4-inch thick. Bake fritters 20 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pans halfway through cooking; transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes. Makes 12 fritters.
- In medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, and remaining 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. Makes about 1/2 cup glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over warm fritters.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 fritter, 2 teaspoons glaze ): 182 Calories, 2g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 32mg Cholesterol, 192mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 21g Sugars, 15g Added Sugars, 4g Protein