Classic Baked Ziti the whole family will love!
Our Family Baked Ziti
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 lb. Our Family® Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 oz. Our Family® Tomato Paste
- 1 28 oz. can Our Family® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 9 oz. box Our Family® Cauliflower Penne Pasta
- 1/2 tbsp. Our Family® Salt (for pasta water)
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 3 cups Divided Our Family® Finely Cut Italian Cheese
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced 1/8 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Our Family® Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Our Family® Fancy Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh basil or oregano, if desired
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet or pot over medium heat, brown. Add diced onion and continue to sauté until onions are cooked and clear, but not burned.
- Add Our Family Tomato Paste, Our Family Crushed Tomatoes, Our Family Italian Seasoning Blend, garlic and ½ cup water to the sausage and stir. Cover and simmer the sauce while you prepare the penne, stirring occasionally. Add fresh basil when sauce is finished cooking. About 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water with ½ tbsp. Our Family Salt to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, add the Our Family Cauliflower Penne, and let it continue to boil until the pasta is tender (about 7-8 minutes). Thoroughly drain the penne in a colander.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta, 2 cups Our Family Finely Cut Italian Cheese Blend, Our Family Salt and Our Family Freshly Cracked Black Pepper (about 5 cranks of the pepper mill) and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add Our Family Cauliflower Penne to the cheese mixture and prepared sauce. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- After baking for 20 minutes, remove the foil, add last cup of Our Family Italian Blend Shredded Cheese to casserole and bake 10 minutes or until the cheese is just slightly browned. Serve topped with Our Family Fancy Shredded Parmesan Cheese and fresh basil or oregano, if desired.
Submit your review