Make this cheesy Baked Ziti for a dish that’s sure to please everyone.
Cook: 30 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
- 4 cups Our Family® Cauliflower Penne Pasta (cooked)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Onion Powder or ½ cup fresh onion
- 2 tsp. Sicilian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 26 oz. jar Our Family® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups Our Family® Italian Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Add Our Family Penne pasta to Our Family Salted boiling water according to the instructions on the box.
- While the pasta is boiling, sauté ground beef, Our Family Garlic Powder or fresh garlic, Our Family Onion Powder, Our Family Salt and Our Family Italian seasoning in a skillet. Brown beef mixture, then drain and return to pan.
- Add the Our Family pasta sauce to the ground beef mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Drain cooked pasta and add 4 cups of pasta to sauce and beef, mixing thoroughly again.
- Add one cup of Our Family Italian blend cheese into mix and top with remaining cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees (f) for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Submit your review
I loved this dish - it was really easy to make! I am a huge fan of Our Family Cheese and enjoy the meltiness and heartiness of this dish! The Our Family Pasta Sauce felt like homemade sauce with sweet tomato chunks and lots of robust flavors! We used the Our Family Sicilian spice blend and the aromas released with that mix of herbs and spices brought back memories of grandma's house on a Sunday! I will say I wish the recipe gave guidance to what kind of baking dish to use and weather or not it should be greased. I ended up putting a little of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish before mixing the remainder into the pasta, then pouring the pasta mixture into the sauced pan. I have done this before with different recipes and seems to help it from sticking. 100% will make this again!