Flaky biscuits best served warm!
Baking Powder Biscuits
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp. shortening
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine baking powder, salt and flour.
- Sift together.
- Cut in shortening until mix looks crumbly.
- Add milk
- Stir until soft dough is formed (do not over-stir)
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly to shape. Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with floured biscuit cutter. 8. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: Mix 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon garlic powder into dough prior to kneading.
Submit your review