The perfect dinner to show off to your family this holiday season!
Beef Sirloin Strip Roast with Brandied Tarragon-Mustard Sauce
Prep: 30 minutes plus standing
Cook: 1 hour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Our Family salt
- 2 teaspoons Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 boneless beef sirloin strip roast (about 5 pounds)
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 can (14 ounces) less-sodium beef broth (1 3⁄4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Our Family country Dijon or coarse ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1. Preheat oven to 450°. In small bowl, combine garlic, oil, salt and pepper. In large shallow roasting pan, place roast fat side up. Rub all sides of beef with garlic mixture. Roast beef 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° and roast 30 to 35 minutes longer or until internal temperature reaches 130° for medium-rare. Transfer roast to cutting board and loosely cover with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before slicing.
2. Meanwhile, remove and discard excess fat from roasting pan. Add shallots to drippings in roasting pan and cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add brandy and heat to boiling. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most liquid has evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Add broth and cream, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 minutes. In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Add cornstarch mixture to simmering liquid; heat to boiling and remove from heat. Whisk in mustard and tarragon. Slice beef across the grain and serve with sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 338 Calories, 16g Fat (6g Saturated), 85mg Cholesterol, 669mg Sodium, 3g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 35g Protein