One banana bread recipe to rule them all!
Best Ever Banana Bread
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-½ cups)
- 1 cup Our Family butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed Our Family light brown sugar
- 2 large Our Family eggs
- 1 teaspoon Our Family vanilla extract
- 2 cups Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Our Family baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Our Family ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Brush 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with additional butter; set aside.
3. Combine mashed banana, butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Spoon into prepared pan.
4. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
Chef Tip: To ripen bananas quickly, bake unpeeled bananas on baking sheet at 350° about 15 minutes or until skins have blackened. Slice skins open and scoop out banana. To make mini loaves, prepare recipe as directed above dividing batter evenly between three (approximately 5 3/4 x 3-inch each) mini loaf pans and bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. To make muffins, prepare recipe as directed above. Spoon into greased 12-cup muffin pan. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 210 Calories, 8g Fat (2.5g Saturated), 25mg Cholesterol, 250mg Sodium, 31g Carbohydrates, 3g Protein