This wonderful chili is a great source of protein and dairy!
Black Bean Chili
- 1 jar Our Family® Salsa, mild or medium
- 4 cans Our Family® No Salt Added Black Beans
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 2 cups Our Family® reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- Our Family® Shredded Cheddar Cheese, shredded, for topping,
optional (non-dairy cheese substitute for dairy-free option)
- Our Family® Plain Greek yogurt, for topping, optional (non-dairy plain yogurt for dairy-free option)
- Avocado or guacamole, for topping, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, invite kids to help add beans, cumin, chili pepper, salt, and broth. Once all ingredients are added, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil for one minute.
- After one minute, lower heat to medium-low. Let simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Next, puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender. If using a regular blender, be sure to vent the pitcher while blending to prevent the lid off and soup going everywhere! Taste and add more cumin, chili powder, or salt if
needed. Serve with shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, avocado or guacamole, and a squeeze of lime. Refrigerate any uneaten portion and discard after 4 days.