The most refreshing take on a pie you’ll ever have!
Blueberry Crumble Pie Flurry
Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling
Bake: 20 minutes
Makes: about 4 cups
- 1⁄4 cup packed plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 12 oz. fresh blueberries (about 2 1⁄4 cups)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3 cup low fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or nonstick foil. In medium bowl, with hands, mix 1 tablespoon brown sugar, flour, butter and 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon just until combined. Add ginger snaps and mix until combined. Spread ginger snap mixture in single layer on prepared baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in baking pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
2. In small saucepot, whisk together lemon juice, cornstarch and remaining 1⁄4 cup brown sugar and 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add blueberries and cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until blueberries start to break open and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Transfer blueberry mixture to medium bowl and refrigerate 20 minutes.
3. In blender, pulse ice cream, milk and 1 cup blueberry mixture, then blend until smooth. Fold in 3 cup ginger snap mixture and remaining blueberry mixture. To serve, spoon ice cream- blueberry mixture into glasses and sprinkle with remaining ginger snap mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (e cup): 147 Calories, 5g Fat (3g Saturated), 11mg Cholesterol, 97mg Sodium, 26g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 2g Protein
Submit your review