After a long and stressful week, treat yourself to this rich, decadent delight on a peaceful weekend morning.
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
Prep: 15 minutes • Cook: 6 minutes
- 6 ounces Our Family Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Our Family chopped pecans
- 1-½ tablespoons Our Family light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1-¼ cups egg substitute
- ¾ cup Our Family low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon Our Family vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Our Family ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Our Family ground ginger
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup Our Family sugar free breakfast syrup
- In small bowl, stir together cheese, nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, and zest. In shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Spread 1 side of 4 slices of bread evenly with cheese mixture; sprinkle blueberries in single layer over cheese mixture. Lightly press remaining bread slices over blueberries to close.
- Spray large skillet or flat top griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat 2 minutes. Briefly soak both sides of bread sandwiches in egg mixture, then place in skillet. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, flipping once with large spatula.
- To serve, cut French toast in half and drizzle with syrup.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
366 Calories, 14g Fat (7g Saturated), 32mg Cholesterol, 707mg Sodium, 44g Carbohydrates, 18g Protein