After a long and stressful week, treat yourself to this rich, decadent delight on a peaceful weekend morning.
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 6 minutes
- 6 oz. Our Family® Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Chopped Pecans
- 1-½ tbsp. Our Family® Light Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- 1-¼ cups egg substitute
- ¾ cup Our Family® Low Fat Milk
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Our Family® Ground Ginger
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Our Family® nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup Our Family® sugar free breakfast syrup
- In small bowl, stir together cheese, nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, and zest. In shallow bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Spread 1 side of 4 slices of bread evenly with cheese mixture; sprinkle blueberries in single layer over cheese mixture. Lightly press remaining bread slices over blueberries to close.
- Spray large skillet or flat top griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat 2 minutes. Briefly soak both sides of bread sandwiches in egg mixture, then place in skillet. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, flipping once with large spatula.
- To serve, cut French toast in half and drizzle with syrup.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 366 Calories, 14g Fat (7g Saturated), 32mg Cholesterol, 707mg Sodium, 44g Carbohydrates, 18g Protein
Submit your review