Your go-to veggie side!
Broccoli & Carrots with Garlic Oil
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 2 cups Open Acres baby carrots, each quartered lengthwise
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- Steam carrots 1 minute; add broccoli and steam 2 to 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic, orange zest, salt and pepper. Cook 30 seconds or until garlic is golden brown, stirring frequently and being careful not to let garlic burn. Remove skillet from heat. Add broccoli and carrots to skillet and toss to coat.
Chef Tip To steam vegetables: fill saucepot with 1 inch of hot water and place steamer basket or metal strainer into saucepot. Steamer basket or strainer should fit tightly in saucepot and water should not touch the bottom of steamer basket or strainer. Cover saucepot and heat water to boiling over high heat. Add vegetables to steamer basket or strainer; cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. If water boils away, add additional water as necessary.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 76 Calories, 4g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 171mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 2g Protein