Savory and comforting, this simple recipe is super satisfying.
Broccoli Cheddar Risotto
Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 Package Sweet Italian Sausage (5 ct)
- 1 ea.Open Acres Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 ea. Open Acres Small Yellow Onion, medium diced
- 3 ea. cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup Our Family Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
1. Grill or roast 4-5 sausages in oven until internal temperature reaches 165º F.
2. While sausages are cooking, set a medium sauce pot on a high flame.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to pot and sauté onions, garlic and broccoli until color starts to form
approximately 2 minutes.
4. Next, add the rice and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes stirring ingredients as they cook.
5. Add 4 cups water to the pot, lower heat to a simmer. Cover with lid.
6. Stir occasionally and let cook for roughly 20 minutes. When water is almost all dissolved,
add broccoli cheese soup.
7. Fold in cheddar cheese and taste for seasoning. Slice sausages and arrange over risotto.
8. Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!