A classic soup that’s sure to please!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® All-purpose Flour
- 6 cups Our Family® Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Our Family® Shredded Cheddar Cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot, salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheese until completely melted.
- Season, to taste, with additional salt and pepper and serve garnished with extra cheddar
Submit your review