Add some spice to your shrimp!
Broiled Garlic Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes
Broil: 5 minutes
Wasabi Cocktail Sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups Our Family ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated wasabi
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 pounds raw Open Acres 36-40 count peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Our Family olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
Broiled Garlic Shrimp
1. Prepare Wasabi Cocktail Sauce: In small bowl, whisk together ketchup, wasabi and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Prepare Broiled Garlic Shrimp: Preheat broiler with oven rack 4 to 5 inches from source of heat. In large rimmed baking pan, toss shrimp, garlic and oil; spread in single layer in pan. Drizzle shrimp with lemon juice. Broil 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and reach an internal temperature of 145°, without turning shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with parsley.
3. Line 10 martini glasses or individual salad plates with salad greens. Place shrimp over greens and serve with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Chef Tips Additional wasabi can be added for a spicier cocktail sauce. Shrimp may be marinated with the garlic, olive oil and lemon juice up to 30 minutes before
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 144 Calories, 4g Fat (1g Saturated), 102mg Cholesterol, 492mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 12g Protein