Butternut Squash Mac & CheesePrep: 5 minutes Cook: 35 minutes Serves: 6
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup Our Family® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup unsweetened and unflavored almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, basil or oregano
- 2 tablespoons Our Family® Grapeseed Oil
- 1 box Our Family® Macaroni Noodles 1. Place whole butternut squash in pressure cooker on top of trivet. This recipe can also be replicated with a slow cooker or oven. Fill pressure cooker with 1 cup water. Cook on high for 25 minutes. 2. Puree the butternut squash until it is a smooth consistency. Add 1/2 to 1 cup milk of choice depending on desired consistency. 3. In a saucepan heat 2 tablespoons Our Family grapeseed oil. Heat 2 tsp of garlic and fresh herbs of choice (thyme, basil, or oregano) until the garlic starts to brown. 4. Stir in the butternut squash mixture. Let simmer for 10 minutes, this will thicken the sauce. 5. Turn the burner to low and slowly add the cheese. Turning the burner low during this period will ensure the cheese does not separate for the high temperature. 6. Stir in 2 cups cooked Our Family macaroni noodles.