The taste of California at your table!
California Chicken Sandwich
Prep: 20 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves and/or chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 Open Acres herb whole roasted chicken, meat removed into large pieces and sliced (about 2 1⁄2 cups)
- 1⁄4 Open Acres medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, each cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, herbs and lemon juice.
2. Toast bread. Spread herb mayonnaise on 1 side of 4 toasted bread slices; divide 1 cup salad greens over mayonnaise. Top evenly with chicken, onion, remaining 1 cup salad greens, tomatoes and avocado. Place remaining 4 slices toast over avocado. Cut each sandwich diagonally in half to serve.
Chef Tip The herb mayonnaise may be prepared and refrigerated up to 3 days in advance to allow flavors to meld.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 449 Calories, 22g Fat (4g Saturated), 76mg Cholesterol, 507mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 29g Protein