This classic turkey sandwich is as fresh and cool as the Golden State itself.
California Turkey Sandwich
Prep: 15 minutes
- ½ cup Our Family light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves and/or chives
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 slices multigrain or oat bread
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2½ cups sliced cooked or leftover turkey
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, each cut lengthwise into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, herbs and lemon juice.
- Toast bread. Spread herb mayonnaise on 1 side of 4 toasted bread slices; divide 1 cup salad greens over mayonnaise. Top evenly with chicken, onion, remaining 1 cup salad greens, tomatoes and avocado. Place remaining 4 slices toast over avocado. Cut each sandwich diagonally in half to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
452 Calories, 20g Fat (4g Saturated), 77mg Cholesterol, 502mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 33g Protein