Crunchy, soft, sweet, salty? The perfect dip if here for you!
Caramel Apple Dip
Prep: 20 minutes plus standing
Makes: 1 3/4 cups
- 1 can (46 oz.) Our Family® Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- 2 lbs. Our Family® Granny Smith Apples (about 5 medium)
- 2 packages (1.4 oz. each) milk chocolate English toffee bars
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family® Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 package Our Family® (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Pour juice into large bowl. Core and cut apples into 3⁄4-inch wedges, placing them into juice as they are cut; let stand 15 minutes, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, place wrapped toffee bars in large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Wrap bag with kitchen towel, and with flat end of meat mallet or rolling pin, coarsely crush toffee bars; remove wrappers from toffee bars. Place peanuts in large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Wrap bag with kitchen towel, and with meat mallet, coarsely crush peanuts.
3. In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in toffee bar pieces and peanuts. Serve dip with apples.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: (2 tablespoons): 178 Calories, 10g Fat (5g Saturated), 21mg Cholesterol, 126mg Sodium, 20g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 3g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Dip may be prepared and refrigerated up to 3 days in advance. Let dip stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Apples may be cored, cut, soaked, drained and refrigerated up to 1 day in advance.
Submit your review