Vegetable filled alfredo that’s sure to please!
Cauliflower Penne with Cauliflower Alfredo
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Fresh & Finest Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Our Family® Grated Parmesan Cheese plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Our Family® Black Pepper
- 1 box (12 oz.) Our Family® Penne Pasta with Cauliflower
- 1 cup Our Family® Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Frozen Crinkle Cut Carrots
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- In medium saucepot, heat 6 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in cauliflower rice; cook 8 minutes or until very tender. Drain cauliflower rice and transfer to blender; add 1/2 cup almond milk and purée on high until smooth.
- In same medium saucepot, melt butter over medium heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup almond milk. Whisk in cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cauliflower mixture until smooth; cover to keep warm. Makes about 2 cups.
- In large saucepot, prepare pasta as label directs, adding broccoli and carrots during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and return to saucepot. Add cauliflower mixture; toss. Makes about 8 cups.
- Serve pasta garnished with basil and cheese, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 1/2 cups): 304 Calories, 8g Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 19mg Cholesterol, 440mg Sodium, 47g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 11g Protein
Submit your review