Dip this in your soup or eat it straight up, the yummiest biscuits to get you through your day!
Cheddar Irish Soda Biscuits
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 22 minutes
Makes: 12 biscuits
- 3 cups Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold Our Family unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. With fingertips or pastry blender, cut in butter until pea-sized crumbs form; stir in cheese. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Pour buttermilk into well. With wooden spoon, gently stir to gradually draw flour mixture into buttermilk until a soft dough forms. Knead dough in bowl just until dough begins to stick together.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drop dough by 1⁄4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 193 Calories, 7g Fat (4g Saturated), 22mg Cholesterol, 333mg Sodium, 25g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 6g Protein