These Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are crave-worthy — and rave-worthy!
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) Our Family Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family Medium or Hot Chunky Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Our Family Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium Open Acres yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Our Family Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family Ground Cumin
- 1 can (4 ounces) Our Family Diced Mild Green Chiles
- 2 cups chopped boneless, skinless rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1 package (8 ounces) Our Family Thick Cut Mexican Blend Cheese (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family Black Pepper
- 12 (6-inch) Our Family Yellow or White Corn Tortillas
- Our Family Sliced and Pitted Black Olives, Our Family Sliced Jalapenos, sliced tomatoes and sliced green peppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In medium bowl, mix soup, salsa and sour cream. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes. Add garlic, 2 teaspoons taco seasoning and 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add green chiles, chicken and half the soup mixture, and cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove skillet from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in 1 cup Thick Cut Mexican Blend Cheese, cilantro and pepper.
- Stir remaining 1 teaspoon taco seasoning and 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin into remaining soup mixture. Spread soup mixture into bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. On microwave-safe plate, stack 6 tortillas between 2 damp paper towels, and heat in microwave oven on high 30 seconds. While keeping remaining tortillas covered, place 1 tortilla at a time on work surface and spoon 3s cup of filling down center. Fold sides over filling, then place enchiladas seam-side down and close together in prepared baking dish. Heat remaining tortillas and repeat process with remaining filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Thick Cut Mexican Shredded Cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges bubble and top is lightly browned. To serve, sprinkle enchiladas with olives, jalapenos, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!