https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Recipe-Photos-2.png 700 700 Lauren DeVries https://www.ourfamilyfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/OF_LOGO_340X156-01-300x138.png Lauren DeVries2021-06-04 08:00:002023-02-15 19:03:56Chicken and Mac & Cheese Waffles
Chicken and Mac & Cheese Waffles
Use your waffle maker for more than just breakfast!
Chicken and Mac & Cheese Waffle
Prep: 30 minutes
- 4 cups Our Family® Elbow Macaroni, cooked
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® Butter
- 3 tbsp. Our Family® All Purpose Bleached Flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder or minced fresh Garlic clove
- 3 cups Our Family® Vitamin D Whole Milk
- 3 ½ cups Our Family® Mac & Cheese Shredded Cheese
- 12 slices Our Family® Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 pieces frozen breaded chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup Our Family® Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Cook bacon, allow to cool and then crumble. Set aside
- Melt Our Family Butter in sauce pan. Add Our Family Flour, Our Family Salt and Our Family Garlic Powder or fresh minced garlic. Whisk constantly for about one minute, slowly add Our Family Vitamin D Milk and continue whisking until thick.
- Add 3 cups of the cheese and continue whisking.
- Remove cheese sauce from heat and set aside one cup. Add bacon and cooked Our Family Elbow Macaroni to cheese sauce and stir until completely mixed.
- Cook chicken tenderloins according to package directions.
- Heat waffle iron, spray with non stick cooking spray and sprinkle about a teaspoon of remaining shredded cheese on waffle iron and fill with mac and cheese, sprinkle more cheese on top of waffle and cook until brown and holds together.
- To assemble, place two pieces of chicken on one waffle, pour two tablespoons of reserved cheese sauce over chicken, top with a few avocado slices and drizzle Our Family Creamy Ranch over cheese, top with another waffle.
Submit your review
Our Family Foods
Average rating: 0 reviews