These tasty burritos are bold and bodacious!
Chicken & Black Bean Burritos
Prep: 40 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Our Family olive oil
- ½ can (3.5 ounces) Our Family diced mild green chiles
- 1 medium Open Acres red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Our Family black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3-½ cups shredded boneless, skinless Open Acres rotisserie chicken meat (from about 1 chicken)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Our Family ground cumin
- ¾ cup Our Family shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) Our Family whole wheat flour tortillas
- ½ cup Our Family medium salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chiles, onion and bell pepper, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in beans, chicken, lime juice and cumin, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepot from heat; fold in cheese and cilantro.
- Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly spoon about 1-1/4 cups chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Place burritos seam side down in prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops of burritos are lightly browned. To serve, top each burrito with 1 tablespoon salsa and garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
355 Calories, 11g Fat (4g Saturated), 57mg Cholesterol, 742mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 25g Protein