Bring this Italian dish into your home for some international flavor!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 4 Open Acres boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1⁄2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons Our Family unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced Open Acres mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In small saucepot, cook wine and shallots over high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Reserve 2 tablespoons flour. In pie plate or wide, shallow bowl, combine salt, pepper and remaining flour. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and almost cooked through, turning once. Transfer chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms and remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in reserved flour and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, broth and wine mixture, and heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Serve chicken topped with Marsala sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 573 Calories, 34g Fat (20g Saturated), 185mg Cholesterol, 599mg Sodium, 20g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 35g Protein