Spicy and packed with flavor, our take on this Hungarian classic will tantalize your tastebuds.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 5 hours 45 minutes
- 2 lbs. Open Acres® boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14 oz.) Our Family® Less-Sodium Chicken Broth (1 3⁄4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Open Acres® Yellow Onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Our Family® Paprika
- 2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 8 tsp. Our Family® Cayenne Pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups Our Family® Wide Egg Noodles (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup Our Family® Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp Our Family® All-Purpose Flour
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 1-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, broth, garlic, half of the green bell pepper, onion, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cover and cook on low 51⁄2 hours or on high 2 1⁄2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, about 30 minutes before paprikash is done, prepare noodles as label directs; drain.
3. In small bowl, stir together sour cream and flour, and stir into slow cooker. Increase heat to high, cover and cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, red bell pepper and remaining half of the green bell pepper; cover and cook 10 minutes longer. Serve chicken paprikash over noodles. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 561 Calories, 22g Fat (10g Saturated), 217mg Cholesterol, 1510mg Sodium, 45g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 47g Protein
Submit your review