Dig in to this easy meal that the aspiring professional chef in you will love!
Chicken Stuffed with Long Stem Artichokes
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
- Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 4 Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices Our Family® Mozzarella Cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 7 long stem artichokes or 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 tsp. Our Family® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tsp. Our Family® Sunflower oil
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Slice chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through. Open chicken breasts and spread flat, cut side up. Cover each with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, 1⁄4 cup artichokes and 11⁄2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. Fold chicken breasts to enclose filling.
2. In medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, salt and pepper. Rub outside of each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon oil. Dip chicken breasts into breadcrumb mixture to coat each side; place on prepared baking pan. Bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
3. In microwave-safe dish, heat remaining artichokes hearts in microwave oven on high 15 to 30 seconds or until heated through. Divide artichokes over each chicken breast. Serve garnished with remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest and chives.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 598 Calories, 25g Fat (5g Saturated), 154mg Cholesterol, 1578mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 65g Protein
Submit your review