30 minute dinner to satisfy the whole family!
Chicken with Pasta Cakes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 1⁄2 (1-pound) package Our Family angel hair pasta
- 1 jar (26 ounces) Our Family pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons Our Family olive oil
- 10 asparagus spears, each cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 herb Open Acres rotisserie chicken, meat removed in large pieces and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta; heat to boiling. Cook 4 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat pasta sauce to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Drop about 1 cup pasta into skillet; flatten slightly to form pasta cake. Repeat to make 1 more pasta cake. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once and pressing pasta cakes with spatula to flatten. Transfer cakes to plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and pasta to make 2 more pasta cakes.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, heat asparagus and water in microwave oven on high 1 minute 30 seconds or until asparagus is tender; drain. If necessary, place chicken in same skillet after pasta cakes are done to heat through.
- Place 1 pasta cake in center of each of 4 pasta bowls. Serve chicken and asparagus next to pasta cakes. Spoon sauce over and around pasta cakes and chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 521 Calories, 16g Fat (3g Saturated), 69mg Cholesterol, 650mg Sodium, 58g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 32g Protein