Chickpea-Lentil “Meatballs”Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling
Bake: 15 minutes
- 1½ tablespoons Our Family® Olive Oil
- ½ cup dry red lentils
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) Our Family® Garbanzo Beans, ¼ cup liquid reserved, drainedt
- ¾ teaspoon Our Family® Garlic Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Our Family® Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Our Family® Salt
- ½ teaspoon Our Family® Black Pepper
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup Our Family® Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Our Family® Dried Parsley plus additional for garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
2. In food processor, purée chickpeas, reserved liquid, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and lentils until almost smooth with a few chunks remaining, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Transfer chickpea mixture to large bowl; stir in breadcrumbs and parsley until just combined.
3.Form chickpea mixture into 16 (1¼-inch) “meatballs” and place on prepared pan. Brush “meatballs” with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; bake 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
4. Serve “meatballs” garnished with parsley along with lemon wedges, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (4 “meatballs”): 271 Calories, 8g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 617mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 13g Protein
Chef Tip: Serve “meatballs” with tzatziki sauce, hummus or guacamole for dipping.