No meat? No problem! Our meatless meatball recipe is full of flavor and plant-based protein.
Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling
Bake: 15 minutes
- 1½ tbsp. Our Family® Olive Oil
- ½ cup dry red lentils
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Our Family® Garbanzo Beans, ¼ cup liquid reserved, drained
- ¾ tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp. Our Family® Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Salt
- ½ tsp. Our Family® Black Pepper
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup Our Family® Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Our Family® Dried Parsley plus additional for garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and brush with ½ tablespoon oil. Prepare lentils as label directs; drain, spread on a paper towel-lined plate and refrigerate 8 minutes.
2. In food processor, purée chickpeas, reserved liquid, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and lentils until almost smooth with a few chunks remaining, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Transfer chickpea mixture to large bowl; stir in breadcrumbs and parsley until just combined.
3.Form chickpea mixture into 16 (1¼-inch) “meatballs” and place on prepared pan. Brush “meatballs” with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; bake 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
4. Serve “meatballs” garnished with parsley along with lemon wedges, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (4 “meatballs”): 271 Calories, 8g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 617mg Sodium, 39g Carbohydrates, 8g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 13g Protein
Chef’s Tip: Serve “meatballs” with tzatziki sauce, hummus or guacamole for dipping.
Submit your review