For all of you spicy lovers!
Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 7 hour
- 1 (3-pound) Open Acres boneless pork loin roast, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) Our Family tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Our Family less-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) chipotle chile peppers in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed oregano
- 1 tablespoon Our Family garlic powder
- 6 Our Family hamburger buns
- Toppings: sliced ripe avocado, refrigerated pico de gallo and/or chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Place pork, 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce, broth, chipotle peppers, oregano and garlic powder into 5- to 6-quart slow-cooker bowl; stir to mix well. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on high 31⁄2 to 4 hours or until pork shreds easily.
2. With slotted spoon, transfer pork to large bowl. With 2 forks, shred pork. Remove and discard all but 1⁄2 cup liquid remaining in slow-cooker bowl. Return pork to slow cooker; stir in remaining tomato sauce. Makes about 5 cups. Serve on buns with desired toppings.
Chef Tip Try serving pulled pork on slider buns or wrapped in flour tortillas.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 417 Calories, 11g Fat (4g Saturated), 100mg Cholesterol, 1212mg Sodium, 34g Carbohydrates, 7g Fiber, 44g Protein