For the chocolate lover in your life!
Chocolate Mousse Pie
Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) semi-sweet baking chocolate squares, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Our Family heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Our Family vanilla extract
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Our Family whipped topping
- Our Family whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9-inch) prepared Oreo® piecrust
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and cream in microwave oven on high 1 to 11⁄2 minutes or just until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla extract and cool 20 minutes.
- In 2 batches, gently fold one (8-ounce) container whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Spoon chocolate mixture into piecrust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, carefully spread remaining 8-ounce container of whipped topping over chocolate. Sprinkle with chocolate curls, if desired.
Chef Tip To make chocolate curls, with a vegetable peeler, shave along side of a 1-ounce square of semi-sweet chocolate.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 313 Calories, 20g Fat (14g Saturated), 14mg Cholesterol, 100mg Sodium, 30g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 1g Protein