A chocolate twist on a classic Pie!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Prep: 15 minutes plus cooling
Bake: 35 minutes
- 1⁄2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (1 pie crust)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Let pie crust stand at room temperature as label directs to soften slightly. Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Line heavy rimmed baking pan with foil; place pan on lowest oven rack. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll pie crust and place in 9-inch pie plate. If desired, make decorative edge. In small saucepot, heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium heat; boil 2 minutes. In small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and butter in microwave oven on high 11⁄2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. In large bowl, lightly whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir chocolate mixture into sugar mixture. Slowly whisk chocolate mixture into eggs. Stir in pecans. Pour chocolate mixture into pie crust. Place pie on prepared baking pan in oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center of pie is set. Cool pie at least 2 hours to serve warm, or cool completely on wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped topping.
Chef Tip If not serving pie right away, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day in advance. Let pie stand at least 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 520 Calories, 29g Fat (8g Saturated), 122mg Cholesterol, 294mg Sodium, 68g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 5g Protein