A coffee cake with big texture and big taste!
Cinnamon-Walnut Crunch Coffee Cake
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 50 minutes
- Our Family Nonstick baking spray
- 1 cup Our Family granulated sugar plus 2 tablespoons for coating pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups Our Family chopped walnuts (6 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Our Family ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups Our Family all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Our Famly baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Our Family baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family salt
- 3⁄4 cup Our Family unsalted butter (1 1⁄2 sticks), softened
- 3 large Our Family eggs
- 1 container (8 ounces) Our Family sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Our Family vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 10-inch angel food tube pan with nonstick baking spray, then coat inside pan with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. In small bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat butter and remaining 1 cup granulated sugar 4 minutes or until light and fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to medium-low. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla extract, and beat 1 minute or until incorporated. With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour mixture to bowl, mixing just until combined, occasionally scraping bowl.
3. With rubber spatula, transfer 1⁄2 of the batter into prepared pan; sprinkle 1⁄2 of walnut mixture over batter in pan. Transfer remaining batter over walnut mixture in pan; smooth top of cake with rubber spatula and sprinkle remaining walnut mixture evenly over top of batter.
4. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. With small metal spatula, loosen cake from side of pan. Remove side of pan. Place cake, with bottom of pan still attached, onto wire rack to cool completely. With small metal spatula, loosen cake from bottom and center of pan. Carefully lift cake off pan.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 420 Calories, 21g Fat (8g Saturated), 76mg Cholesterol, 231mg Sodium, 51g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 7g Protein