It’s the best of both worlds — a salad in the form of a burger!
Prep: 15 minutes • Grill/Cook: 8 minutes
- 1-¼ pounds 96% lean ground round or ground sirloin
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Our Family Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Our Family Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family salt
- ¼ teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 4 Our Family wheat hamburger buns
- Our Family nonstick cooking spray
- 4 Our Family large eggs
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- ¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- ⅓ medium avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. In medium bowl, gently mix beef, green onions, mustard, Worcestershire, salt and black pepper until well blended but not overmixed. Form mixture into four patties.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165°, turning once. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place top halves of buns, cut side down, on grill rack; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add eggs to skillet; cover and cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes until egg whites are cooked through and yolks are slightly soft.
- To assemble burgers, with spatula, separate eggs into 4 fried eggs. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of each bun. Top each with a burger, fried egg, a few onion rings, ¼ each of the red peppers, avocado and cheese, and top half of buns.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
438 Calories, 17g Fat (6g Saturated), 287mg Cholesterol, 572mg Sodium, 29g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 38g Protein