A unique pairing for a flavorful dinner!
Cola Chili con Carne
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Our Family grapeseed oil
- 2 pounds Open Acres beef chuck roast, fat trimmed, cut into 1⁄2-inch chunks
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Our Family onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons Our Family chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Our Family ground cumin
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) Our Family chili beans
- 1 can (28 ounces) Our Family diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Our Family tomato sauce
- 3 cups Our Family cola
- Toppings: Our Family sour cream, diced Open Acres red onion, sliced green onions, diced avocado, Our Family shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In 5- to 6-quart saucepot, heat oil over high heat. Add beef and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in soup mix, chili powder and cumin. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, except toppings, and heat to simmering over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 40 to 45 minutes longer or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve chili with toppings of choice, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 414 Calories, 17g Fat (6g Saturated), 49mg Cholesterol, 1468mg Sodium, 44g Carbohydrates, 10g Fiber, 23g Protein