Good enough for kids AND adults!
Cornflake-Crusted Fish Sticks
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes
- Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 pounds Open Acres cod or Open Acres tilapia fillets, rinsed in cool water and patted dry
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Our Family garlic powder
- 2 large Our Family egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Our Famiy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
1. For Fish Sticks: Preheat oven to 450°. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut fillets into 3 x 1-inch sticks.
2. In food processor with knife blade attached, process cornflakes, dry mustard and garlic powder 1 to 2 minutes or to fine crumbs. Transfer mixture to wide, shallow dish. In separate wide, shallow dish, whisk egg whites until frothy. Place flour in third wide, shallow dish.
3. Dip fish sticks in flour, then in egg whites, then in cornflake crumb mixture, patting lightly so mixture adheres; place on prepared baking pan. Lightly spray fish sticks with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until fish sticks are lightly browned and crispy and internal temperature reaches 145°.
4. For dip: In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Serve with fish sticks.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (about 4 Fish Sticks): 204 Calories, 1g Fat (0g Saturated), 49mg Cholesterol, 239mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 25g Protein