Make your dinner party stand out with this French inspired dish!
Crab Cakes with Lemon-Caper Rémoulade
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 23 minutes
- 1 small lemon
- 1 cup Our Family mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill gherkin pickles
- 1 teaspoon Our Family Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups French baguette bread, crusts removed and torn into bite-sized pieces (about 2 loaves)
- 8 ounces 36-40 Open Acres count raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 pound refrigerated or canned white and/or lump crabmeat, drained and picked through
- 5 tablespoons Our Family olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced Open Acres yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Our Family Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Our Family kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Our Family ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Our Family cayenne pepper
- Prepare Lemon-Caper Rémoulade: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare Crab Cakes: In food processor with knife blade attached, add bread and process to coarse crumbs; set aside. Add shrimp to food processor and process until smooth. Transfer shrimp to medium bowl; add crabmeat and stir until well blended.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, bell pepper and onion, and cook 2 minutes. Gently fold vegetable mixture into crab mixture. Stir in lemon juice, chives, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and cayenne. Gently fold half of breadcrumbs into crab mixture.
- Line rimmed baking pan with plastic wrap. Form about 2 tablespoons crab mixture into bite-sized cakes; transfer to prepared baking pan. In batches, lightly coat crab cakes with remaining breadcrumbs. In large skillet, heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Carefully add crab cakes to pan; cook 21⁄2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer crab cakes to paper towels to drain. Serve with Lemon-Caper Rémoulade.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 516 Calories, 26g Fat (4g Saturated), 83mg Cholesterol, 932mg Sodium, 45g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 21g Protein